Did you know that one of the first signs of content marketing was found around 4200 B.C. in a cave painting? Scientists loosely interpreted the depiction as “6 ways a spear can save you from wild boar.” I wonder how they tracked conversions?
Marketing has been around forever! It’s simply about getting to people to understand that you have something they may need.
A few months ago, Optimind produced a solid infographic on digital marketing statistics which I’ve included below for your viewing pleasure. They gathered info from sources like Hubspot, iContact, Unbounce, and Moz and it will help you get some perspective on some of your own marketing efforts.
Here are a few of MY favorite fun marketing facts:
- 85% of people would rather provide an e-mail for an e-book over a tweet
- Blogs are 63% more likely to influence purchase decisions than magazines.
- Companies that blog more than 15 times per month get 5 times more traffic.
- The average content length for a page that ranks in top 10 position is 2000 words.
- If a post is greater than 1,500 words, it receives 68.1% more tweets and 22.6% more facebook likes.
- Articles with images get 94% more views.
- Using videos on landing pages can increase conversions by 86%
- Videos get 267% more links than normal posts.
- 58% of your audience will stop watching video within the first 90 seconds.
- 20% of people will read text while 80% of people will watch a video with the same exact content.
- Viewers retain 58% of what they see but only 10% of what they read.
- Average buyer consults 11 consumer reviews on the path to purchase
Here is the full infographic: